A memorable wedding day begins with a beautiful backdrop! Booking your venue before you do any other wedding planning is important not only to lock in the date of your big day, but also to set the tone for the overall vibe of the celebration. These spots are, in my humble opinion, and in no particular order, the best Southern California wedding venues you can choose from! Enjoy all the pretty.
1. San Ysidro Ranch // Just. My. Favorite. Iconic magic-hour lavender fields, overgrown gardens everywhere, and the nicest staff EVER.
2. Figueroa Mountain Farmhouse // Anna Delores Photography has a wedding here in July (and another one next May) and we cannot WAIT for it! It’s also where Jose Villa and Joel Serrato tied the knot, so you know it’s gotta be good. ;)
3. Millwick // One of the coolest venues in LA, Millwick is a new addition to the Marvimon Productions collection of properties. Its sister venue is SmogShoppe and it brims with mid-century modern details.
4. Carondelet House // This Los Angeles gem is a not-so-secret hidden haven with exposed brick, hardwood floors, fantastic furniture, and a variety of rooms to choose from for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception partying!
5. Hudson Loft // I CANNOT WAIT to photograph a wedding at the modern Hudson Loft, with its floor-to-ceiling factory windows (which means lots of beautiful, natural light).
6. Ojai Valley Inn // This luxurious resort is Ventura County’s answer to San Ysidro Ranch. Beautiful light, lavender field photo ops, and just plain classy.
7. Korakia Pensione // This place is a desert oasis if ever there was one. Bougainvillea EVERYWHERE (my favorite!), Korakia is a Moroccan-Mediterranean-style hideaway that is guaranteed to be our next girls’ trip destination. I would happily shoot a wedding here every weekend!
8. Colony 29 // Another Palm Springs location with a getaway vibe comparable to Korakia. I’m lusting over the Ampitheater for a wedding ceremony!
10. McCormick Home Ranch // My favorite garden wedding setting is just minutes from our studio in Camarillo. The sunsets are especially stunning thanks to the west-facing entrance where we can sneak away with the bride and groom for an easy 15-minute portrait session. #winning
What are your favorite spots in Southern California? What awesome venue did I forget to include in this list?