This mushroom and onion fajitas recipe is the superb work of Chef Marlene Bernstein. Bonus: it’s also gluten-free and vegan (if you skip the option for feta cheese). Enjoy!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced red onions
- 1 cup of “sun-dried” oven roasted grape tomatoes
- white balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Thai Chile Cilantro dressing
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- feta cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Toss grape tomatoes with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper (to taste). Line sheet pan with parchment paper and spread tomatoes evenly. Roast tomatoes in oven until they have the appearance of sun-dried tomato consistence, careful not to burn, then set aside.
- Coat sauté pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add onions and grated garlic and stir until tender then incorporate the mushrooms and add more olive oil as needed. Season with salt and pepper, stirring until tender.
- Place mushrooms, onions and tomatoes in tortillas. Dress with Thai Chile Cilantro Dressing (option to add feta cheese if desired).
Get more from Marlene on her website!